Spiraeoside inhibits mast cells activation and IgE-mediated allergic responses by suppressing phospholipase C-gamma-mediated signaling
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Spiraeoside inhibits mast cells activation and IgE-mediated allergic responses by suppressing phospholipase C-gamma-mediated signaling
- Kim, Jung Kuk; Seo, Young-Kyo; Park, Sehoon; Park, Soo-Ah; Lim, Seyoung; Lee, Susie; Kwon, Ohman; Seo, Jeong Kon; Choi, Ung-Kyu; Ryu, Sung Ho; Suh, Pann-Ghill
- Issue Date
- CANADIAN SCIENCE PUBLISHING
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND CELL BIOLOGY-BIOCHIMIE ET BIOLOGIE CELLULAIRE, v.93, no.3, pp.227 - 235
- Mast cells are responsible for IgE-mediated allergic responses through the secretion of various inflammatory cytokines and mediators. Therefore, the pharmacological regulation of mast cell activation is an important goal in the development of novel anti-allergic drugs. In this study, we found that spiraeoside (SP) inhibits mast cell activation and allergic responses in vivo. SP dose-dependently inhibited the degranulation induced by IgE-antigen (Ag) stimulation in RBL-2H3 mast cells without cytotoxic effects. At the molecular level, SP reduced the Ag-induced phosphorylation and subsequent activation of phospholipase C-gamma 2 (PLC-gamma 2). Moreover, SP inhibited the phosphorylation of spleen tyrosine kinase (Syk), linker for activation of T cells (LAT), and downstream MAPKs, such as ERK1/2, p38, and JNK, eventually attenuating expression of TNF-alpha and IL-4. Finally, we found that SP significantly inhibited IgE-mediated passive cutaneous anaphylaxis (PCA) in mice. Taken together, our results strongly suggest that SP suppresses IgE-mediated mast cell activation and allergic responses by inhibiting Lyn-induced PLC-gamma 2/MAPK signaling in mast cells
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.