Temperature Stability of Lead-Free Niobate Piezoceramics with Engineered Morphotropic Phase Boundary
Cited 2 times inCited 2 times in
- Temperature Stability of Lead-Free Niobate Piezoceramics with Engineered Morphotropic Phase Boundary
- Wang, Ruiping; Wang, Ke; Yao, Fangzhou; Li, Jing-Feng; Schader, Florian H.; Webber, Kyle G.; Jo, Wook; Roedel, Juergen
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CERAMIC SOCIETY, v.98, no.7, pp.2177 - 2182
- The temperature dependence of piezoelectric properties (direct piezoelectric coefficient d(33), converse piezoelectric coefficient d(33)(E=0), strain S and electromechanical coupling coefficient k(p)) for two niobate-based lead-free piezoceramics have been contrasted. 0.92(Na0.5K0.5)NbO3-0.02(Bi1/2Li1/2)TiO3-0.06BaZrO(3) (6BZ/2BLT/92NKN) has a morphotropic phase boundary (MPB) between rhombohedral and tetragonal at room temperature and 0.92(Na0.5K0.5)NbO3-0.03(Bi1/2Li1/2)TiO3-0.05BaZrO(3) (5BZ/3BLT/92NKN) features an MPB engineered to be located below room temperature. At 30 degrees C, d(33),d(33)(E=0), S (at 2kV/mm), and k(p) are 252pC/N, 230pm/V, 0.069%, 0.51 for 5BZ/3BLT/92NKN; and 348pC/N, 380pm/V, 0.106%, 0.57 for 6BZ/2BLT/92NKN, respectively. With increasing temperature, the piezoelectric properties decrease. At 200 degrees C, d(33), d(33)(E=0), S (at 2kV/mm), and k(p) are 170pC/N, 160pm/V, 0.059%, 0.36 for 5BZ/3BLT/92NKN; and 181pC/N, 190pm/V, 0.061%, 0.39 for 6BZ/2BLT/92NKN. It is found that the electromechanical coupling coefficient has a better temperature stability than the piezoelectric coefficient in the studied system due to a large temperature-dependent compliance change. The results demonstrate that engineering an MPB is highly effective in tailoring temperature stability of piezoceramics
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.