Surface Mn Oxidation State Controlled Spinel LiMn2O4 as a Cathode Material for High-Energy Li-Ion Batteries
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Surface Mn Oxidation State Controlled Spinel LiMn2O4 as a Cathode Material for High-Energy Li-Ion Batteries
- Jeong, Minseul; Lee, Min-Joon; Cho, Jaephil; Lee, Sanghan
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS, v.5, no.13, pp.1500440
- Spinel lithium manganese oxide (LiMn2O4) has attracted much attention as a promising cathode material for large-scale lithium ion batteries. However, its continuous capacity fading at elevated temperature is an obstacle to extended cycling in large-scale applications. Here, surface Mn oxidation state controlled LiMn2O4 is synthesized by coating stoichiometric LiMn2O4 with a cobalt-substituted spinel, for which stoichiometric LiMn2O4 is used as the starting material and onto which a LixMnyCozO4 layer is coated from an acetate-based precursor solution. In the coated material, the concentrations of both cobalt and Mn4+ ions vary from the surface to the core. the former without any lattice mismatch between the coating layer and host material. Cycle tests are performed under severe conditions, namely, high temperature and intermittent high current load. During the first discharge cycle at 7 C and 60 degrees C, a high energy and power density are measured for the coated material, 419 and 3.16 Wh kg(-1), respectively, compared with 343 and 3.03 Wh kg(-1), respectively, for the bare material. After 65 cycles under severe conditions, the coated material retains 82% and approximate to 100% of the initial energy and power density, respectively, whereas the bare material retains only approximate to 68% and approximate to 97% thereof
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.