Coexistence of the α and δ phases in an as-cast uranium-rich U-Zr alloy
Cited 4 times inCited 6 times in
- Coexistence of the α and δ phases in an as-cast uranium-rich U-Zr alloy
- Mckeown, Joseph T.; Irukuvarghula, Sandeep; Ahn, Sangjoon; Wall, Mark A.; Hsiung, Luke L.; McDeavitt, Sean M.; Turchi, Patrice Erne A.
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF NUCLEAR MATERIALS, v.436, no.1-3, pp.100 - 104
- Uranium-zirconium alloys are being investigated for use in ultrahigh burn-up, metallic inert matrix nuclear fuels. Characterization of these alloys in the transmission electron microscope with spatial resolutions that are inaccessible by other techniques shows that the orthorhombic α and hexagonal, intermetallic δ phases coexist in an as-cast uranium-rich U-10 wt.% Zr alloy. Analyses reveal the chemistries of and crystallographic relationship between the two phases.
- Appears in Collections:
- NUE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.