Surface electronic structure of Ti-based transition metal alloys
Cited 0 times inCited 15 times in
- Surface electronic structure of Ti-based transition metal alloys
- Other Titles
- Kulkova, SE; Valujsky, DV; Kim, JS; Lee, Geunsik; Koo, YM
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.65, no.8, pp.854101 - 854107
- The electronic structure of the (001) and (110) surfaces for B2 Ti-based transition metal alloys were investigated using the full-potential linearized augmented plane-wave method in the local-density approximation. The evolution of the electronic structure of alloys at the different surfaces in comparison with the bulk ground states is analyzed. The ferromagnetic order is displayed in the case of Fe or Co top layer for the (001) surface. The surface magnetic moment of Fe and Co (2.27 mu(B) and 0.87 mu(B)) reduces drastically inside the film. The influence of a surface on the electron properties of alloys is discussed
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.