Crystal structure of (Me4N)(3)[Ir(SCN)(6)], vibrational spectra and normal coordinate analysis
Cited 5 times inCited 6 times in
- Crystal structure of (Me4N)(3)[Ir(SCN)(6)], vibrational spectra and normal coordinate analysis
- Rohde, Jan-Uwe; Preetz, W
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ZEITSCHRIFT FUR ANORGANISCHE UND ALLGEMEINE CHEMIE, v.624, no.8, pp.1319 - 1323
- From a mixture of the linkage isomers [Ir(NCS)(n)(SCN)(6-n)](3-), n=0-2, pure [Ir(SCN)(6)](3-) has been isolated by ion exchange chromatography on diethylaminoethyl cellulose. The X-ray structure determination on a single crystal of (Me4N)(3)[Ir(SCN)(6)] (trigonal, space group R (3) over bar, a = 14.838(2), c = 23.827(1) Angstrom, Z = 6) reveals the presence of two crystallographically independent complex anions which C-3i symmetry correlates with the cation/anion ratio 3:1. The thiocyanate ligands are exclusively S-coordinated with the average IrS distance of 2.384 Angstrom and the Ir-S-C angle of 106.4 degrees. The torsion angles S-Ir-S-C are 17.5 and 42.1 degrees. The IR and Raman spectra of the (n-Bu4N) salt are assigned by normal coordinate analysis based on the molecular parameters of the X-ray determination. The valence force constant f(d)(IrS) is 1.57 mdyn/Angstrom
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.