AEMnSb2 (AE=Sr, Ba): a new class of Dirac materials
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- AEMnSb2 (AE=Sr, Ba): a new class of Dirac materials
- Farhan, M Arshad; Lee, Geunsik; Shim, Ji Hoon
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICS-CONDENSED MATTER, v.26, pp.042201
- The Dirac fermions of Sb square net in AEMnSb(2) (AE = Sr, Ba) are investigated by using first-principles calculation. BaMnSb2 contains Sb square net layers with a coincident stacking of Ba atoms, exhibiting Dirac fermion behavior. On the other hand, SrMnSb2 has a staggered stacking of Sr atoms with distorted zig-zag chains of Sb atoms. Application of hydrostatic pressure on the latter induces a structural change from a staggered to a coincident arrangement of AE ions accompanying a transition from insulator to a metal containing Dirac fermions. The structural investigations show that the stacking type of cation and orthorhombic distortion of Sb layers are the main factors to decide the crystal symmetry of the material. We propose that the Dirac fermions can be obtained by controlling the size of cation and the volume of AEMnSb(2) compounds.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.