Valley-Polarized Interlayer Conduction of Anisotropic Dirac Fermions in SrMnBi2
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Valley-Polarized Interlayer Conduction of Anisotropic Dirac Fermions in SrMnBi2
- Jo, YJ; Park, Joonbum; Lee, Geunsik; Eom, Man Jin; Choi, ES; Shim, Ji Hoon; Kang, W; Kim, Jun Sung
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.113, pp.156602
- We report the valley-selective interlayer conduction of SrMnBi2 under in-plane magnetic fields. The c-axis resistivity of SrMnBi2 shows clear angular magnetoresistance oscillations indicating coherent interlayer conduction. Strong fourfold variation of the coherent peak in the c-axis resistivity reveals that the contribution of each Dirac valley is significantly modulated by the in-plane field orientation. This originates from anisotropic Dirac Fermi surfaces with strong disparity in the momentum-dependent interlayer coupling. Furthermore, we found a signature of broken valley symmetry at high magnetic fields. These findings demonstrate that a quasi-two-dimensional anisotropic Dirac system can host a valley-polarized interlayer current through magnetic valley control. © 2014 American Physical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.