Estimates on fractional higher derivatives of weak solutions for the Navier-Stokes equations
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Estimates on fractional higher derivatives of weak solutions for the Navier-Stokes equations
- Choi, Kyudong; Vasseur, Alexis
- Issue Date
- GAUTHIER-VILLARS/EDITIONS ELSEVIER
- ANNALES DE L INSTITUT HENRI POINCARE-ANALYSE NON LINEAIRE, v.31, no.5, pp.899 - 945
- We study weak solutions of the 3D Navier Stokes equations with L-2 initial data. We prove that del(alpha)u is locally integrable in space time for any real a such that 1 < alpha < 3. Up to now, only the second derivative del(alpha)u was known to be locally integrable by standard parabolic regularization. We also present sharp estimates of those quantities in weak-L-loc(4/(alpha+1)). These estimates depend only on the L-2-norm of the initial data and on the domain of integration. Moreover, they are valid even for alpha >= 3 as long as u is smooth. The proof uses a standard approximation of Navier Stokes from Leray and blow-up techniques. The local study is based on De Giorgi techniques with a new pressure decomposition. To handle the non-locality of fractional Laplacians, Hardy space and Maximal functions are introduced. (C) 2013 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.