Short-time stability of scalar viscous shocks in the inviscid limit by the relative entropy method
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Short-time stability of scalar viscous shocks in the inviscid limit by the relative entropy method
- Choi, Kyudong; Alexis Vasseur
- Issue Date
- SIAM PUBLICATIONS
- SIAM JOURNAL ON MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS, v.47, no.2, pp.1405 - 1418
- We consider inviscid limits to shocks for viscous scalar conservation laws in one space dimension, with strict convex fluxes. We show that we can obtain sharp estimates in L-2 for a class of large perturbations and for any bounded time interval. Those perturbations can be chosen big enough to destroy the viscous layer. This shows that the fast convergence to the shock does not depend on the fine structure of the viscous layers. This is the first application of the relative entropy method developed by N. Leger [Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal., 199 (2011), pp. 761-778] and N. Leger and A. Vasseur [Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal., 201 (2011), pp. 271-302] to the study of an inviscid limit to a shock.
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.