New families of optimal variable-weight optical orthogonal codes with high weights
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- New families of optimal variable-weight optical orthogonal codes with high weights
- Chung, Jin-Ho; Yang, Kyeongcheol
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INFORMATION THEORY, v.61, no.8, pp.4511 - 4517
- The optical orthogonal codes (OOCs) have been widely used as spreading codes in communication systems employing the unipolar transmission. They are classified into constant-weight OOCs (CW-OOCs) and variable-weight OOCs (VW-OOCs) according to the number of distinct Hamming weights which their codewords have. In this paper, we present a new generic construction of VW-OOCs of length (q - 1) N from a CW-OOC of length N, where q is a prime power and gcd(q - 1, N) = 1. As a result, three new families of optimal VW-OOCs with a maximum correlation value 1 are obtained. In particular, these families can have the codewords of high weights, while most of the previously known optimal VW-OOCs have only codewords of weight less than 8.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.