Inter-particle and interfacial interaction of magnetic nanoparticles
Cited 11 times inCited 12 times in
- Inter-particle and interfacial interaction of magnetic nanoparticles
- Bae, Che Jin; Hwang, Yosun; Park, Jongnam; An, Kwangjin; Lee, Youjin; Lee, Jinwoo; Hyeon, Taeghwan; Park, JG
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF MAGNETISM AND MAGNETIC MATERIALS, v.310, no.2, pp.E806 - E808
- In order to understand inter-particle as well as interfacial interaction of magnetic nanoparticles, we have prepared several Fe3O4 nanoparticles in the ranges from 3 to 50 nm. These nanoparticles are particularly well characterized in terms of size distribution with a standard deviation (σ) in size less than 0.4 nm. We investigated the inter-particle interaction by measuring the magnetic properties of the nanoparticles while controlling inter-particle distances by diluting the samples with solvents. According to this study, blocking temperatures dropped by 8-17 K with increasing the inter-particle distances from a few nm to 140 nm while the overall shape and qualitative behavior of the magnetization remain unchanged. It implies that most features observed in the magnetic properties of the nanoparticles are due to the intrinsic properties of the nanoparticles, not due to the inter-particle interaction. We then examined possible interfacial magnetic interaction in the core-shell structure of our Fe3O4 nanoparticles. © 2006 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.