Exchange bias behavior of monodisperse Fe3O4/gamma-Fe2O3 core/shell nanoparticles
Cited 11 times inCited 8 times in
- Exchange bias behavior of monodisperse Fe3O4/gamma-Fe2O3 core/shell nanoparticles
- Hwang, Yosun; Angappane, S; Park, Jongnam; An, Kwangjin; Hyeon, T; Park, Je-Geun
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- CURRENT APPLIED PHYSICS, v.12, no.3, pp.808 - 811
- We have carried out systematic studies on well-characterized monodisperse Fe3O4/gamma-Fe2O3 core/shell nanoparticles of 2-30 nm having a very narrow size distribution and possessing a uniquely mono-layer of surface gamma-Fe2O3. This unique core-shell structure, probably having a disordered magnetic surface state, leads us to three key observations of unusual magnetic properties: i) a very large magnetic exchange anisotropy reaching over 7 x 10(6) erg/cm(3) for the smaller particles, ii) exchange bias behavior in the magnetization data of the core/shell Fe3O4/gamma-Fe2O3 nanoparticles, and iii) the temperature dependence of the coercive field following an unusual exponential behavior. (C) 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.