Hydrogenation of benzene and toluene over size controlled Pt/SBA-15 catalysts: Elucidation of the Pt particle size effect on reaction kinetics
Cited 25 times inCited 23 times in
- Hydrogenation of benzene and toluene over size controlled Pt/SBA-15 catalysts: Elucidation of the Pt particle size effect on reaction kinetics
- Pushkarev, Vladimir V.; An, Kwangjin; Alayoglu, Selim; Beaumont, Simon K.; Somorjai, Gabor A.
- Benzene hydrogenation; Compensation effect; Pt nanoparticles; Structural sensitivity
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- JOURNAL OF CATALYSIS, v.292, no., pp.64 - 72
- Vapor-phase hydrogenation of benzene and toluene over a size-dependent (1.5-5.2 nm) series of Pt nanoparticles (NPs) encapsulated in polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) or polyamidoamine (PAMAM) dendrimer and supported in SBA-15 mesoporous silica was investigated at ambient pressure between 343 K and 398 K. Under these conditions, both reactions exhibit a moderate structure sensitivity evidenced by changes in their turnover rate (TOR), apparent activation energy (E-A), pre-exponential factor In(r(o)), and deactivation rate parameters with Pt particle size. For instance, the 2.4-3.1 nm Pt NPs showed the highest TOR for both reactions as compared to NPs of either smaller or larger sizes. Also, the E-A and In(r(o)) factor values were larger for smaller Pt particle sizes, and the rates of catalyst deactivation were more pronounced for catalysts with larger Pt particle sizes. However, the reaction orders on H-2 and hydrocarbon were independent of particle size. Published by Elsevier Inc.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
JC 2012,292,64, Hydrogenation of benzene and toluene over size controlled Pt SBA-15 catalysts.pdf
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.