Tungsten Carbide and CNT-Graphene-Supported Pd electrocatalyst toward electrooxidation of hydrogen
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Tungsten Carbide and CNT-Graphene-Supported Pd electrocatalyst toward electrooxidation of hydrogen
- Han, Suenghoon; Youn, Duck Hyun; Lee, Min Hee; Lee, Jae Sung
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- CHEMCATCHEM, v.7, no.9, pp.1483 - 1489
- Development of platinum-free catalysts is urgently needed to make fuel cells a competitive technology for power generation in various fields. Here we report that combination of palladium and tungsten carbides supported on carbon nanotubes (CNT) graphene (GR) composite exhibits high activity for electrochemical hydrogen oxidation reaction. In the cyclic voltammetry, the electrochemical active surface area of Pd/WC/CNT-GR is much larger than that of other synthesized catalysts and even commercial Pt/C catalyst. In single cell operation, Pd/WC/CNT-GR shows 65 % of the maximum power density of the state-of-the-art Pt/C catalyst and loses only 5 % of maximum power density after 50 h. Beneficial roles of WC and CNT-GR are discussed for the improved performance of palladium catalysts. © 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.