A 12-bit segmented resistor-capacitor digital-to-analog converter for a display driver IC of a large TFT-LCD panel system
Cited 1 times inCited 2 times in
- A 12-bit segmented resistor-capacitor digital-to-analog converter for a display driver IC of a large TFT-LCD panel system
- Yoo, Seongjong; Song, Yongjoo; Jung, Jiwoon; Lee, Myunghee
- 12 bit; Linear gamma; R-C DAC; Sample and hold; Segmented; Source driver
- Issue Date
- SOC INFORMATION DISPLAY
- JOURNAL OF THE SOCIETY FOR INFORMATION DISPLAY, v.17, no.3, pp.213 - 220
- A 12-bit segmented R-C DAC to support a linear gamma curve has been proposed and fabricated in a 720-channel LCD source driver with a 16-V 1-poly 3-metal high-voltage CMOS process. The proposed DAC has a global resistor string and sample-and-hold buffers. A MSB voltage selected by the upper 6 bits of input data and a LSB voltage selected by the lower 6 bits of input data are summed by using a sample-and-hold operation with offset cancellation in the proposed DAC. The measured DNL was less than 0.3 LSB, and the output voltage deviation was less than 3 mV in all gray levels. Although two sample-and-hold buffers were adopted to operate alternatively, the die size was as small as 24.9 mm(2), which was only an 8.3% increase compared to that of a conventional 8-bit 720-channel source driver. Because of its good performance with small area, the proposed DAC can be a good low-cost solution for a 10-bit TV system
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.