Physical properties of multiferroic hexagonal HoMnO3 thin films
Cited 35 times inCited 33 times in
- Physical properties of multiferroic hexagonal HoMnO3 thin films
- Murugavel, P; Lee, JH; Lee, D; Noh, TW; Jo, Y; Jung, M-H; Oh, Yoon Seok; Kim, KH
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.90, no.14, pp.142902
- The authors investigated the magnetic and ferroelectric properties of hexagonally grown HoMn O3 thin films. The magnetic measurements revealed bulklike magnetic phase transitions with an additional spin-glass-like behavior feature below the Náel temperature. The ferroelectricity in the films was distinctly different from the suggested bulk behavior. Below 40 K, the HoMn O3 films showed typical ferroelectric character: their remnant polarization and coercive field values at 20 K were 3.7 μC cm2 and 0.69 MVcm. Above 40 K, however, the films exhibited an unusual antiferroelectriclike behavior, with more pronounced features appearing at higher temperatures. These intriguing physical properties make HoMn O3 films a potential candidate material for numerous future applications. © 2007 American Institute of Physics.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.