Electric polarization enhancement in multiferroic CoCr2O4 crystals with Cr-site mixing
Cited 22 times inCited 21 times in
- Electric polarization enhancement in multiferroic CoCr2O4 crystals with Cr-site mixing
- Kim, Ingyu; Oh, Yoon Seok; Liu, Yong; Chun, Sae Hwan; Lee, Jun-Sik; Ko, Kyung-Tae; Park, Jae-Hoon; Chung, Jae-Ho; Kim, Kee Hoon
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.94, no.4, pp.042505
- Single crystals of multiferroic cobalt chromite Co (Cr2-x Cox) O4 have been grown via several methods to have different Co3+ doping levels (x=0.0, 0.14, and 0.18). Under magnetic fields, all the crystals display electric polarization reversal below their spiral spin ordering temperatures. We find that both saturated electric polarization and magnetization under magnetic fields increase significantly with the increase in x. This result can be qualitatively explained by a broken balance between at least two electric polarization contributions existing in CoCr2 O4 and is expected to be useful in tailoring electric polarization in similar kinds of multiferroics. © 2009 American Institute of Physics.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.