Observation of the Josephson effect in Pb/Ba1−xKxFe2As2 single crystal junctions
Cited 58 times inCited 51 times in
- Observation of the Josephson effect in Pb/Ba1−xKxFe2As2 single crystal junctions
- Zhang, Xiaohang; Oh, Yoon Seok; Liu, Yong; Yan, Liqin; Kim, Kee Hoon; Greene, Richard L.; Takeuchi, Ichiro
- Conventional superconductors; Counter electrodes; I - v curves; In-plane magnetic fields; Josephson couplings; Josephson currents; Josephson effects; Josephson junctions; Modulation periods; Pnictide; Resistively shunted junctions
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.102, no.14, pp.147002 -
- We have fabricated c-axis Josephson junctions on single crystals of Ba1-xKxFe2As2 by using Pb as the counterelectrode in two geometries, planar and point contact. Junctions in both geometries show resistively shunted junction I-V curves below the T-C of the counterelectrode. Microwave induced steps were observed in the I-V curves, and the critical currents are suppressed with an in-plane magnetic field with well-defined modulation periods indicating that the Josephson current is flowing in a manner consistent with the small to intermediate sized junction limit. ICRN products of up to 0.3 mV have been observed in these junctions at 4.2 K. The observation of Josephson coupling along the c axis between Ba1-xKxFe2As2 and a conventional superconductor suggests the existence of an s-wave symmetry in this class of iron pnictide superconductors.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.