Realization of giant magnetoelectricity in helimagnets
Cited 60 times inCited 55 times in
- Realization of giant magnetoelectricity in helimagnets
- Chun, Sae Hwan; Chai, Yi Sheng; Oh, Yoon Seok; Jaiswal-Nagar, Deepshikha; Haam, So Young; Kim, Ingyu; Lee, Bumsung; Nam, Dong Hak; Ko, Kyung-Tae; Park, Jae-Hoon; Chung, Jae-Ho; Kim, Kee Hoon
- POLARIZATION; MULTIFERROICS
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.104, no.3, pp.037204 -
- We show that low field magnetoelectric (ME) properties of helimagnets Ba0.5Sr1.5Zn2(Fe1-xAlx)12O22 can be efficiently tailored by the Al-substitution level. As x increases, the critical magnetic field for switching electric polarization is systematically reduced from ∼1T down to ∼1mT, and the ME susceptibility is greatly enhanced to reach a giant value of 2.0×104ps/m at an optimum x=0.08. We find that control of the nontrivial orbital moment in the octahedral Fe sites through the Al substitution is crucial for fine-tuning the magnetic anisotropy and obtaining the conspicuously improved ME characteristics. © 2010 The American Physical Society.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.