Giant Magnetic Fluctuations at the Critical Endpoint in Insulating HoMnO3
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Giant Magnetic Fluctuations at the Critical Endpoint in Insulating HoMnO3
- Choi, YJ; Lee, N; Sharma, PA; Kim, SB; Vajk, OP; Lynn, JW; Oh, Yoon Seok; Cheong, SW
- Antiferromagnets; Critical end-point; Critical fluctuations; Critical phenomenon; Itinerant magnets; Magnetic fluctuation; Quantum criticality
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.110, no.15, pp.157202 -
- Although abundant research has focused recently on the quantum criticality of itinerant magnets, critical phenomena of insulating magnets in the vicinity of critical endpoints (CEP's) have rarely been revealed. Here we observe an emergent CEP at 2.05 T and 2.2 K with a suppressed thermal conductivity and concomitant strong critical fluctuations evident via a divergent magnetic susceptibility (e.g., χ′′(2.05 T,2.2 K)/χ′′(3 T,2.2 K)≈23,500%, comparable to the critical opalescence in water) in the hexagonal insulating antiferromagnet HoMnO3. © 2013 American Physical Society.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.