X-ray imaging and multiferroic coupling of cycloidal magnetic domains in ferroelectric monodomain BiFeO3
Cited 23 times inCited 16 times in
- X-ray imaging and multiferroic coupling of cycloidal magnetic domains in ferroelectric monodomain BiFeO3
- Johnson, RD; Barone, P; Bombardi, A; Bean, RJ; Picozzi, S; Radaelli, PG; Oh, Yoon Seok; Cheong, S-W; Chapon, LC
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.110, no.21, pp.217206
- Magnetic domains at the surface of a ferroelectric monodomain BiFeO3 single crystal have been imaged by hard x-ray magnetic scattering. Magnetic domains up to several hundred microns in size have been observed, corresponding to cycloidal modulations of the magnetization along the wave vector k=(δ,δ,0) and symmetry equivalent directions. The rotation direction of the magnetization in all magnetic domains, determined by diffraction of circularly polarized light, was found to be unique and in agreement with predictions of a combined approach based on a spin-model complemented by relativistic density-functional simulations. Imaging of the surface shows that the largest adjacent domains display a 120° vortex structure.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.