A novel semi-analytical approach for solving nonlinear Volterra integro-differential equations
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A novel semi-analytical approach for solving nonlinear Volterra integro-differential equations
- Kim, Kyunghoon; Jang, Bongsoo
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE INC
- APPLIED MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTATION, v.263, pp.25 - 35
- In this work, we present an efficient semi-analytical method based on the Taylor series for solving nonlinear Volterra integro-differential equations, namely the differential transform method (DTM). The DTM provides a recursive relation for the coefficients of the Taylor series that is derived from the given equations. We provide a new recursive relation for the nonlinear Volterra integro-differential equations with complex nonlinear kernels. Since the DTM is based on the Taylor series, it is difficult to obtain accurate approximate solutions in a large domain. To overcome this difficulty, the standard DTM is applied in each subdomain, called the multistage differential transform method (MsDTM). We also present an convergence analysis for the proposed method. To demonstrate the efficiency of the proposed method, several numerical examples are performed and support the results in our analysis. (C) 2015 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.