FDFD Nonconformal Domain Decomposition Method for the Electromagnetic Modeling of Interconnections in Silicon Interposer
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- FDFD Nonconformal Domain Decomposition Method for the Electromagnetic Modeling of Interconnections in Silicon Interposer
- Xie, Biancun; Swaminathan, Madhavan; Han, Ki Jin
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY, v.57, no.3, pp.496 - 504
- This paper proposes an efficient method to model interconnections with through-silicon vias (TSVs) in silicon interposer for 3-D systems. The proposed method uses 3-D finite-difference frequency-domain nonconformal domain decomposition method to model the redistribution layer transmission lines on lossy silicon interposer. Using the nonconformal domain decomposition approach, the interposer can be divided into separate subdomains. Individual subdomains can be discretized independently based on its feature size. Field continuity at interfaces between domains is enforced by introducing Lagrange multiplier and vector basis functions at the interfaces. TSVs are modeled using an integral-equation-based solver, which uses cylindrical modal basis functions. The formulation on incorporating multiport network into nonconformal domain decomposition is presented to include the parasitic effects of TSV arrays into the system matrix. By comparing with 3-D full-wave simulations and commercial solvers, this paper validates the accuracy and efficiency of the proposed modeling approach
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.