Natural organic matter fouling due to foulant-membrane physicochemical interactions
Cited 39 times inCited 40 times in
- Natural organic matter fouling due to foulant-membrane physicochemical interactions
- Lee, Sungyun; Kim, Suhan; Cho, Jaeweon; Hoek, Eric M. V.
- Extended DLVO; NOM; Organic fouling; Ultrafiltration
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- DESALINATION, v.202, no.1-3, pp.377 - 384
- dAn extended DLVO (XDLVO) force analysis was introduced to predict natural organic matter (NOM) fouling in ultrafiltration (UF) membrane processes. Ultrafiltration membrane fouling experiments were performed using two NOM extracts from real waters and two commercial polymeric UF membranes. The hydrodynamic force by permeation drag and three interfacial forces of XDLVO (van der Waals, electrostatic, acid-base energy) were used for the force analysis. Acid-base interaction forces between NOM and UF membranes were dominant in short range (separation distances < 5 rim) and appear to determine the potential of NOM deposition. Relative extents of flux decline were successfully predicted using the short-range force analyses
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.