Control of the charge and energy of the proton beams from a laser-driven double-layer target
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Control of the charge and energy of the proton beams from a laser-driven double-layer target
- Kim, Young-Kuk; Cho, Myung-Hoon; Park, Hyung Ju; Jung, Moon Youn; Hur, Min Sup
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- CURRENT APPLIED PHYSICS, v.15, no.8, pp.892 - 896
- Control of the proton beam charge and energy in a laser-driven double-layer target was numerically investigated. Generally the proton beam charge is determined by the areal density σ=. nl of the second layer, while the accelerating field is governed by the substrate thickness L. From a series of one-dimensional particle-in-cell simulations over a broad range of σ and L, it was confirmed that those two control parameters do not interfere significantly, indicating the beam charge and energy can be separately controlled. We suggest self-assembly monolayers technique be used for the fabrication of the areal density of the second layer. ⓒ 2015 Elsevier B.V
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.