MnO2 nanostructures with three-dimensional (3D) morphology replicated from diatoms for high-performance supercapacitors
Cited 7 times inCited 5 times in
- MnO2 nanostructures with three-dimensional (3D) morphology replicated from diatoms for high-performance supercapacitors
- Li,Fei; Xing, Yuan; Huang, Ming; Li, Kai Lin; Yu, Ting Ting; Zhang, Yu Xin; Losic, Dusan
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRYROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, v.3, no.15, pp.7855 - 7861
- Herein, we demonstrate the synthesis of size- and shape-controlled MnO2 nanostructures by replica molding from diatom silica structures for high-performance supercapacitors. Three types of hierarchical hollow MnO2 patterns with different three-dimensional (3D) structures, shapes and large surface areas were successfully prepared from three diatom species by a template-assisted hydrothermal process. The extraordinary precision and nano-scale resolution of 3D replications of complex biological architecture from diatoms to artificial MnO2 structures are confirmed. Detailed electrochemical measurements reveal that the Melosira-type MnO2 pattern exhibits not only a high specific capacitance of 371.2 F g-1 at a scan rate of 0.5 A g-1, but also relatively good cycle stability (93.1% capacitance retention after 2000 cycles at a scan rate of 5 A g-1), demonstrating a promising application as supercapacitor electrode materials. ⓒ The Royal Society of Chemistry 2015
- Appears in Collections:
- ETC_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.