Influence of alloyed Al on the microstructure and corrosion properties of extruded Mg-8Sn-1Zn alloys
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Influence of alloyed Al on the microstructure and corrosion properties of extruded Mg-8Sn-1Zn alloys
- Kim, Hyeon Ju; Kim, Beomcheol; Baek, Soo-Min; Sohn, So-Dam; Shin, Hyung-Joon; Jeong, Hu Young; Yim, Chang Dong; You, Bong Sun; Ha, Heon-Young; Park, Sung Soo
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CORROSION SCIENCE, v.95, pp.133 - 142
- Microstructure and corrosion properties of extruded Mg-8Sn-1Zn alloys with varying Al contents were investigated. Microstructures of the extruded alloys mainly consisted of α-Mg grains and Mg2Sn particles in common. Addition of Al to the ternary alloy resulted in the formation of different types of Al-Fe-based intermetallic particles depending on Al contents. In 0.6M NaCl solution, the extruded alloys with 1-3wt% Al showed over 30 times higher corrosion rates than those containing less than 0.3wt% Al; this discrepancy was attributed to the presence of Al5Fe2 particles acting as strong cathodic sites for H2 evolution during corrosion. ⓒ 2015 Elsevier Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.