Efficient nonlinear geometric distortion correction for scanned laser pico projectors
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Efficient nonlinear geometric distortion correction for scanned laser pico projectors
- Yun, Joo Dong; Park, Jong Hyuk; Yang, Seungjoon
- Issue Date
- INST ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY-IET
- ELECTRONICS LETTERS, v.51, no.6, pp.471 - 473
- Scanned laser pico projectors utilising laser light sources and microelectromechanical systems mirror devices introduce geometric distortion to the displayed images because of nonlinear mirror driving methods. A pre-processing algorithm is proposed that corrects the nonlinear geometric distortion of scanned laser pico projectors. The distortion is modelled as blockwise homography transforms. The geometry of the images being displayed is pre-distorted using the pixel indices obtained by the backward blockwise homography transforms. The pre-distorted images are displayed by the pico projector whose geometrical distortion undoes the pre-distortion such that distortion-free images can be displayed. The proposed algorithm requires a small amount of information stored in the memory and three bilinear interpolations per pixel, thus providing an efficient way to correct nonlinear distortion without additional optical components, such as aspherical lenses. © The Institution of Engineering and Technology 2015
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.