High-Efficiency Isolated Bidirectional AC-DC Converter for a DC Distribution System
Cited 25 times inCited 35 times in
- High-Efficiency Isolated Bidirectional AC-DC Converter for a DC Distribution System
- Kim, Ho-Sung; Ryu, Myung-Hyo; Baek, Ju-Won; Jung, Jee-Hoon
- AC-DC boost rectifier; Bidirectional isolated converter; CLLC resonant converter dc distribution system
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, v.28, no.4, pp.1642 - 1654
- A high-efficiency isolated bidirectional ac-dc converter is proposed for a 380-V dc power distribution system to control bidirectional power flows and to improve its power conversion efficiency. To reduce the switches' losses of the proposed nonisolated full-bridge ac-dc rectifier using an unipolar switching method, switching devices employ insulated-gate bipolar transistors, MOSFETs, and silicon carbide diodes. Using the analysis of the rectifier's operating modes, each switching device can be selected by considering switch stresses. A simple and intuitive frequency detection method for a single-phase synchronous reference frame-phase-locked loop (SRF-PLL) is also proposed using a filter compensator, a fast period detector, and a finite impulse response filter to improve the robustness and accuracy of PLL performance under fundamental frequency variations. In addition, design and control methodology of the bidirectional full-bridge CLLC resonant converter is suggested for the galvanic isolation of the dc distribution system. A dead-band control algorithm for the bidirectional dc-dc converter is developed to smoothly change power conversion directions only using output voltage information. Experimental results will verify the performance of the proposed methods using a 5-kW prototype converter.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.