Large aperture vibrating wire monitor with two mechanically coupled wires for beam halo measurements
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Large aperture vibrating wire monitor with two mechanically coupled wires for beam halo measurements
- Arutunian, S. G.; Avetisyan, A. E.; Davtyan, M. M.; Harutyunyan, G. S.; Vasiniuk, I. E.; Chung, Moses; Scarpine, V.
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW ACCELERATORS AND BEAMS, v.17, no.3, pp.1 - 11
- Development of a new type of vibrating wire monitor (VWM), which has two mechanically coupled wires (vibrating and target), is presented. The new monitor has a much larger aperture size than the previous model of the VWM, and thus allows us to measure transverse beam halos more effectively. A prototype of such a large aperture VWM with a target wire length of 60 mm was designed, manufactured, and bench-tested. Initial beam measurements have been performed at the Fermilab High Intensity Neutrino Source facility, and key results are presented.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.