Control of Vortex Merging Induced From Diocotron Instability Using Rotating-Wall Electric Fields
Cited 5 times inCited 5 times in
- Control of Vortex Merging Induced From Diocotron Instability Using Rotating-Wall Electric Fields
- Chung, Seung Il; Yun, Hyun Jin; Shim, Seung Bo; Chung, Moses; Lee, Hae June
- Diocotron instability; vortex merging
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PLASMA SCIENCE, v.39, no.11, pp.2496 - 2497
- Two-dimensional particle-in-cell simulation in a cylindrical geometry shows that the vortex formation and merging of a magnetically confined pure electron column are controllable with rotating-wall electric fields. With an optimized frequency, the vortex merging time can be extended longer than that without rotating fields.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.