Generalized Courant-Snyder Theory for Charged-Particle Dynamics in General Focusing Lattices
Cited 7 times inCited 3 times in
- Generalized Courant-Snyder Theory for Charged-Particle Dynamics in General Focusing Lattices
- Qin, Hong; Davidson, Ronald C.; Chung, Moses; Burby, Joshua W.
- Beam energies; Degree of freedom; Envelope equations; Envelope functions; Generalized theory; Phase advance; Quadrupoles; Transverse dynamics
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.111, no.10, pp. -
- The Courant-Snyder (CS) theory for one degree of freedom is generalized to the case of coupled transverse dynamics in general linear focusing lattices with quadrupole, skew-quadrupole, dipole, and solenoidal components, as well as torsion of the fiducial orbit and variation of beam energy. The envelope function is generalized into an envelope matrix, and the phase advance is generalized into a 4D sympletic rotation. The envelope equation, the transfer matrix, and the CS invariant of the original CS theory all have their counterparts, with remarkably similar expressions, in the generalized theory.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.