Experimental Proof of Adjustable Single-Knob Ion Beam Emittance Partitioning
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Experimental Proof of Adjustable Single-Knob Ion Beam Emittance Partitioning
- Groening, L; Maier, M; Xiao, C; Dahl, L; Gerhard, P; Kester, OK; Mickat, S; Vormann, H; Vossberg, M; Chung, Moses
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.113, no.26, pp.1 - 4
- The performance of accelerators profits from phase-space tailoring by coupling of degrees of freedom. Previously applied techniques swap the emittances among the three degrees but the set of available emittances is fixed. In contrast to these emittance exchange scenarios, the emittance transfer scenario presented here allows for arbitrarily changing the set of emittances as long as the product of the emittances is preserved. This Letter is the first experimental demonstration of transverse emittance transfer along an ion beam line. The amount of transfer is chosen by setting just one single magnetic field value. The envelope functions (beta) and slopes (alpha) of the finally uncorrelated and repartitioned beam at the exit of the transfer line do not depend on the amount of transfer.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.