Benzodithiophene-thiophene-based photovoltaic polymers with different side-chains
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Benzodithiophene-thiophene-based photovoltaic polymers with different side-chains
- Nguyen, Thanh Luan; Song, Seyeong; Ko, Seo-Jin; Choi, Hyosung; Jeong, Ji-Eun; Kim, Taehyo; Hwang, Sungu; Kim, Jin Young; Woo, Han Young
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF POLYMER SCIENCE PART A-POLYMER CHEMISTRY, v.53, no.7, pp.854 - 862
- A series of benzodithiophene-thiophene-based alternating copolymers were synthesized with different side-chains, and their photovoltaic characteristics were examined. The choice of solubilizing side-chains influences significantly the chain conformation, frontier orbital energy levels, intermolecular organization, and the resulting optical, morphological, and photovoltaic properties. The incorporation of an e-withdrawing carbonyl group in the side-chain decreased the highest occupied molecular orbital (HOMO, ca. -5.4 eV) level and improved the chain planarity through intrachain hydrogen bonding. The shortest π-π stacking distance (3.72 Å) was also measured for the alkylcarbonyl-substituted BDTCOT:PC71BM blended film by two dimensional grazing incidence X-ray scattering. With compared to other polymers, the BDTCOT:PC71BM device showed a substantially improved open-circuit voltage and short-circuit current density, leading to a 4.66% power conversion efficiency. The side-chains need to be designed to be multifunctional to induce a deep HOMO level and chain planarity (for interchain ordering) as well as good solution processability
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.