Efficiency enhancement of a 1.5-MW, 110-GHz gyrotron with a single-stage depressed collector
Cited 10 times inCited 10 times in
- Efficiency enhancement of a 1.5-MW, 110-GHz gyrotron with a single-stage depressed collector
- Choi, EunMi; Cerfon, A. J.; Mastovsky, I.; Shapiro, M. A.; Sirigiri, J. R.; Temkin, R. J.
- Issue Date
- AMER NUCLEAR SOCIETY
- FUSION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, v.52, no.2, pp.334 - 339
- We report new experimental results from a 1.5-MW, 110-GHz gyrotron with a single-stage depressed collector. The,gyrotron was operated in the TE22.6 mode with 3-mu s pulse duration. An internal mode converter, which consists of a launcher and four mirrors, has been installed and tested A highly Gaussian-like output beam was observed A single-stage depressed collector has been operated for the study of efficiency enhancement using the same cavity V-2005 as was used in a previous experiment in the axial configuration, in which the output microwave beam propagated through a circular waveguide that also served as a collector. Output power of 1.5 MW, corresponding to 50% efficiency, was measured at 97 kV of beam voltage and 42 A of beam current at 25 kV of collector depression voltage. The results are compared between the axial configuration and the internal mode converter configuration.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.