Cold testing of quasi-optical mode converters using a generator for non-rotating high-order gyrotron modes
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Cold testing of quasi-optical mode converters using a generator for non-rotating high-order gyrotron modes
- Kim, Sunggug; Kim, Dongsung; Choe, Munseok; Lee, W.; So, J.; Choi, EunMi
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- REVIEW OF SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS, v.85, no.10, pp.1 - 7
- In this paper, we test the performance of a quasi-optical, internal-gyrotron mode converter. When cold testing mode converters, a rotating higher-order mode is commonly used. However, this requires a nontrivial design and precise alignment. We thus propose a new technique for testing gyrotron mode converters by using a simple, non-rotating, higher-order mode generator. We demonstrate the feasibility of this technique for a W-band gyrotron quasi-optical mode converter by examining the excitation of a TE6,2 mode from a non-rotating mode generator. Our results demonstrate that this new cold-test scheme is an easy and efficient method for verifying the performance of quasi-optical mode converters.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.