NMR measurement of the magnetic field correlation function in porous media
Cited 9 times inCited 6 times in
- NMR measurement of the magnetic field correlation function in porous media
- Cho, Hyungjoon; Song, Yi-Qiao
- FLUID PERMEABILITY; LENGTH SCALES; SOLIDS; DIFFRACTION; DIFFUSION; TRANSPORT; SPHERES; MATTER
- Issue Date
- AMER PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, v.100, no.2, pp.1 - 4
- The structure factor provides a fundamental characterization of porous and granular materials as it is the key for solid crystals via measurements of x-ray and neutron scattering. Here, we demonstrate that the structure factor of the granular and porous media can be approximated by the pair correlation function of the inhomogeneous internal magnetic field, which arises from the susceptibility difference between the pore filling liquid and the solid matrix. In-depth understanding of the internal field is likely to contribute to further development of techniques to study porous and granular media.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- BME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.