Novelty-focussed document mapping to identify new service opportunities
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Novelty-focussed document mapping to identify new service opportunities
- Lee, Changyong; Lee, Hakyeon
- Issue Date
- ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS
- SERVICE INDUSTRIES JOURNAL, v.35, no.6, pp.345 - 361
- Successful innovation in services is considered a key factor for organisational sustainability. However, existing customer- and expert-centric approaches are becoming time-consuming and labour-intensive as the number and complexity of services increase. To counter this, an instrument for service opportunity analysis based on quantitative data and systematic processes is proposed in line with the notions of service engineering. At the heart of the suggested approach is text mining to extract the meanings of service documents and the local outlier factor to identify novel services based on quantitative indicators. A case study of mobile services is exemplified. The suggested approach promotes consensus building for promising service opportunities and enhances the efficiency of the fuzzy front-end stages of new service development.
- Appears in Collections:
- SME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.