Occlusion detection using horizontally segmented windows for vehicle tracking
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Occlusion detection using horizontally segmented windows for vehicle tracking
- Jo, Ahra; Jang, Gil-Jin; Han, Bohyung
- Issue Date
- MULTIMEDIA TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS, v.74, no.1, pp.227 - 243
- This paper proposes an efficient algorithm for detecting occlusions in a video sequences of ground vehicles using color information. The proposed method uses a rectangular window to track a target vehicle, and the window is horizontally divided into several sub-regions of equal width. Each region is determined to be occluded or not based on the color histogram similarity to the corresponding region of the target. The occlusion detection results are used in likelihood computation of the conventional tracking algorithm based on particle filtering. Experimental results in real scenes show that the proposed method finds the occluded region successfully and improves the performance of the conventional trackers.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.