Observations on solution crystallization of polyvinyl alcohol in the presence of single-wall carbon nanotubes
Cited 13 times inCited 15 times in
- Observations on solution crystallization of polyvinyl alcohol in the presence of single-wall carbon nanotubes
- Minus, Marilyn L.; Chae, Han Gi; Kumar, Satish
- Crystallization; EpitaxyPoly(vinyl alcohol); Single crystal; Single-wall carbon nanotubes; Tem
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- MACROMOLECULAR RAPID COMMUNICATIONS, v.31, no.3, pp.310 - 316
- PVA/SWNT dispersions yield aloe plant-like crystals, where the leaves are single crystals templated by PVA coated SWNT. Longer growth times (≈18 months) lead to hexagonal rod-like crystals. HR-TEM images show evidence that PVA molecules are aligned parallel to the SWNT axis. WAXD, electron diffraction and HR-TEM observations of these aloe plant and hexagonal crystals suggests evidence for possible PVA-SWNT epitaxy. Wide-angle and electron diffraction data of these crystals also show that the structure seems to mimic the 2D hexagonal crystal packing of SWNT. PVA lattice images and moire fringes were also observed in the leaf-like crystals. (Figure Presented) ⓒ 2010 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.