Nanoscale phase quantification in lead-free (Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3-BaTiO3 relaxor ferroelectrics by means of Na 23 NMR
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Nanoscale phase quantification in lead-free (Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3-BaTiO3 relaxor ferroelectrics by means of Na 23 NMR
- Groszewicz, Pedro B.; Breitzke, Hergen; Dittmer, Robert; Sapper, Eva; Jo, Wook; Buntkowsky, Gerd; Rodel, Jurgen
- Issue Date
- American Physical Society
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.90, no.22, pp.1 - 5
- We address the unsolved question on the structure of relaxor ferroelectrics at the atomic level by characterizing lead-free piezoceramic solid solutions (100-x)(Bi1/2Na1/2)TiO3-xBaTiO3 (BNT-xBT) (for x=1,4,6, and 15). Based on the relative intensity between spectral components in quadrupolar perturbed Na23 nuclear magnetic resonance, we present direct evidence of the coexistence of cubic and polar local symmetries in these relaxor ferroelectrics. In addition, we demonstrate how the cubic phase vanishes whenever a ferroelectric state is induced, either by field cooling or changing the dopant amount, supporting the relation between this cubic phase and the relaxor state.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.