Compounds stimulating cytosolic phospholipase A(2) activity with a combinational action mode
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Compounds stimulating cytosolic phospholipase A(2) activity with a combinational action mode
- Bae, YS; Park, EY; Lee, HY; Kang, HK; Suh, Pann-Ghill; Kwak, JY; Ryu, SH; Lee, T
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOPHYSICAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS, v.325, no.2, pp.632 - 638
- The screening of small synthetic compound libraries is a useful means of identifying molecules that modulate various cellular responses. We screened more than 10,000 different small compounds and identified three synthetic compounds that stimulate arachidonic acid (AA) release in a combinational manner in neutrophil-like differentiated HL60 cells. These three compounds were designated as AARIC-1, -2, and -3, representing AA release inducing compounds-1, -2, and -3. Although AA release was not induced by any single one of these compounds, it was dramatically stimulated by the three compounds in combination. Moreover, the effect of combined treatment by these compounds on AA release was completely abolished by MAFP and AACOCF(3), specific cytosolic phospholipase A(2) inhibitors. Furthermore, we found that AARIC-3 stimulates cytosolic calcium influx, while AARIC-1 induces ERK activation. Taken together, we demonstrate a useful approach to the study of complicated and nonlinear intracellular signaling networks using small synthetic compounds in combination.
- Appears in Collections:
- BIO_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.