Ballistic electron emission microscopy study of p-type 4H-SiC
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Ballistic electron emission microscopy study of p-type 4H-SiC
- Ding, Y; Park, Kibog; Pelz, JP; Los, AV; Mazzola, MS
- Ballistic electron emission microscopy; Fermi level pinning; Image force lowering; Interfacial oxide layer; Schottky barrier; SiC
- Issue Date
- TRANS TECH PUBLICATIONS LTD
- MATERIALS SCIENCE FORUM, v.457-460, no., pp.1077 - 1080
- Ballistic electron emission microscopy (BEEM) measurements have been performed on Pt/p-type 4H-SiC Schottky contacts to probe the metal/semiconductor (M/S) interface and the valence band structure of the semiconductor. The Schottky barrier height (SBH) is found to be 1.45 eV, compared with 1.55 eV for Pt on n-type 4H-SiC measured under identical conditions with BEEM. A second threshold is also observed in the BEEM spectrum on Pt/p-type 4H-SiC contacts, which is possibly related to a lower-energy valence band. The sum of the measured p-type and n-type SBH's is slightly less than the 4H-SiC bandgap, which suggests the existence of an interfacial oxide layer and rather weak Fermi level pinning, consistent with prior measurements of SBH vs. metal work function.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.