Quantum well state of self-forming 3C-SiC inclusions in 4H SiC determined by ballistic electron emission microscopy
Cited 29 times inCited 29 times in
- Quantum well state of self-forming 3C-SiC inclusions in 4H SiC determined by ballistic electron emission microscopy
- Ding, Y; Park, Kibog; Pelz, JP; Palle, KC; Mikhov, MK; Skromme, BJ; Meidia, H; Mahajan, S
- BAND-STRUCTURE; STACKING-FAULTS; STRUCTURAL DEFECTS; SCHOTTKY BARRIERS; SILICON-CARBIDE; TRANSFORMATION; INTERFACES; TRANSPORT; POLYTYPES; OXIDATION
- Issue Date
- AMERICAN PHYSICAL SOC
- PHYSICAL REVIEW B, v.69, no.4, pp.1 - 4
- High-temperature-processing-induced double-stacking-fault 3C-SiC inclusions in 4H SiC were studied with ballistic electron emission microscopy in ultrahigh vacuum. Distinctive quantum well structures corresponding to individual inclusions were found and the quantum well two-dimensional conduction band minimum was determined to be approximately 0.53 ± 0.06 eV below the conduction band minimum of bulk 4H SiC. Macroscopic diode I-V measurements indicate no significant evidence of metal/semiconductor interface state variation across the inclusions.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.