Precursor polar clusters in the paraelectric phase of ferroelectric Ba0.80Ca0.20TiO3 single crystals studied by Brillouin light scattering
Cited 11 times inCited 0 times in
- Precursor polar clusters in the paraelectric phase of ferroelectric Ba0.80Ca0.20TiO3 single crystals studied by Brillouin light scattering
- Kim, Tae Hyun; Kojima, Seiji; Park, Kibog; Kim, Sung Baek; Ko, Jae-Hyeon
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICS-CONDENSED MATTER, v.22, no.22
- A strong relaxation mode was observed in the gigahertz frequency window in the paraelectric phase of Ba0.80Ca0.20TiO3 single crystals by using Brillouin light scattering. The appearance and growth of this relaxation mode were accompanied by substantial softening of the longitudinal acoustic mode as well as a remarkable increase in the hypersonic damping. Similar to BaTiO3, the temperature dependence of the relaxation time of Ba0.80Ca0.20TiO3 displayed a slowing-down behavior near the Curie temperature, indicating the order-disorder nature of the paraelectric-ferroelectric phase transition in this substance. The dynamics of precursor polar clusters observed in this work was discussed in relation with recent theoretical studies and found to be consistent with their predictions.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.