An examination of the validity of nonequilibrium molecular-dynamics simulation algorithms for arbitrary steady-state flows
Cited 16 times inCited 17 times in
- An examination of the validity of nonequilibrium molecular-dynamics simulation algorithms for arbitrary steady-state flows
- Edwards, BJ; Baig, C; Keffer, DJ
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS, v.123, no.11, pp. 114106 -
- Nonlinear-response theory of nonequilibrium molecular-dynamics simulation algorithms is considered under the imposition of an arbitrary steady-state flow field. It is demonstrated that the SLLOD and DOLLS algorithms cannot be used for general flows, although the SLLOD algorithm is rigorous for planar Couette flow. Following the same procedure used to establish SLLOD as the valid algorithm for planar Couette flow [D. J. Evans and E. P. Morriss, Phys. Rev. A 30, 1528 (1984)], it is demonstrated that the p-SLLOD algorithm is valid for arbitrary flows and produces the correct nonlinear response of the viscous pressure tensor. (c) 2005 American Institute of Physics.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.