Extremely Durable High-Rate Capability of a LiNi0.4Mn0.4Co0.2O2 Cathode Enabled with Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
Cited 42 times inCited 42 times in
- Extremely Durable High-Rate Capability of a LiNi0.4Mn0.4Co0.2O2 Cathode Enabled with Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes
- Ban, Chunmei; Li, Zheng; Wu, Zhuangchun; Kirkham, Melanie J.; Chen, Le; Jung, Yoon Seok; Payzant, E. Andrew; Yan, Yanfa; Whittingham, M. Stanley; Dillon, Anne C.
- LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES; ATOMIC LAYER DEPOSITION; ELECTROCHEMICAL-BEHAVIOR; STORAGE CHARACTERISTICS; COMPOSITE ELECTRODES; CELLS; 0-LESS-THAN-OR-EQUAL-TO-X-LESS-THAN-OR-EQUAL-TO-1/2; LI(NI1/3CO1/3MN1/3)O-2; INTERCALATION; PERFORMANCE
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS, v.1, no.1, pp.58 - 62
- A binder-free LiNi0.4Mn0.4Co0.2O2 cathode fabricated with 5 wt.% single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTS) shows excellent cycling performance at rates of 10C (Charge/discharge in 6 minutes). In contrast, a LiNi0.4Mn0.4Co0.2O2 electrode prepared by conventional methods without SWNTs has a significantly lower capacity. Based on the morphology and structural analysis, this exceptional rate capability is due to highly intimate contact between the long crystalline SWNT ropes and the active cathode material, ensuring fast diffusion of ions and electrons during cycling and resulting in sustainable capacity at high rates for 500 cycles.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.