Direct Access to Mesoporous Crystalline TiO2/Carbon Composites with Large and Uniform Pores for Use as Anode Materials in Lithium Ion Batteries
Cited 22 times inCited 24 times in
- Direct Access to Mesoporous Crystalline TiO2/Carbon Composites with Large and Uniform Pores for Use as Anode Materials in Lithium Ion Batteries
- Lee, Jinwoo; Jung, Yoon S.; Warren, Scott C.; Kamperman, Marleen; Oh, Seung M.; DiSalvo, Francis J.; Wiesner, Ulrich
- batteries; carbon; composites; electrodes; mesoporous materials; synthesis
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- MACROMOLECULAR CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS, v.212, no.4, pp.383 - 390
- Mesoporous and highly crystalline TiO2 (anatase)/carbon composites with large (> 5nm) and uniform pores were synthesized using PI-b-PEO block copolymers as structure directing agents. Pore sizes could be tuned by utilizing block copolymers with different molecular weights. The resulting mesoporous TiO2/carbon was successfully used as an anode material for Li ion batteries. Without addition of conducting aid (Super P), the electrode showed high capacity during the first insertion/desertion cycle due to carbon wiring inside the walls of mesoporous TiO2/carbon. The electrode further showed stable cycle performance up to 50 cycles and the specific charge capacity at 30 C was 38mA h (g of TiO2)(-1), which indicates CCM-TiO2/carbon can be used as a material for high rate use.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.