Information-signal-transfer rate and energy loss in coupled vortex-state networks
Cited 5 times inCited 4 times in
- Information-signal-transfer rate and energy loss in coupled vortex-state networks
- Kim, Ji-Hye; Lee, Ki-Suk; Jung, Hyunsung; Han, Dong-Soo; Kim, Sang-Koog
- Analytical results; Energy attenuation; Intrinsic damping; Magnetic disk; Material parameter; Micromagnetic simulations; Micromagnetics; Nanodisks; Numerical calculation; Transfer rates
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.101, no.9, pp.1 - 3
- We employed analytical and micromagnetic numerical calculations to elucidate coupled-vortexg-yration-enabled information-signal transfer and the related energy attenuation between vortex-state nanodisks. Specifically, we explored the vortex-gyration transfer rate and the energy attenuation coefficient in terms of the material parameters and dimensions of the coupled disks. Both the micromagnetic simulation and analytical results indicated that the transfer rate is determined by the relative polarization configuration, the saturation magnetization M-s, the radius (R)-to-thickness (L) ratio (R/L) of the given magnetic disks, and the interdistance, whereas the energy attenuation is governed by the intrinsic damping constant as well as the values of M-s, L, and R of the single disks. This work provides a foundation for manipulation of the technologically essential parameters in signal processing, namely speed and energy loss, based on coupled vortex-state networks.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.